Saturday, June 6, 2009

The adventure begins


So having completed our first year of medical school (pending on the fact that we passed the evil final we were subjugated to on Friday), Shari and I packed up our bags this morning in her blue mustang and headed out. Like my dad said when I was accepted into Texas Tech, "The best view of Lubbock is through your rear-view mirror."

Shari started off the summer by giving me a heart-warming card congratulating me on my bar mitzvah :D On that note of hilarity we began the drive to Dallas. We stopped in Abilene and had a good American lunch at Chili's with Shari's college roommate, Megan. As we drove through Fort Worth, Nathan and Rebekah met us at Starbucks to give their big sis a good send-off. We reached Shari's folks' place at dinnertime (we have impeccable timing if I do say so myself).

Both of us are currently in a state of semi-delirium induced from exhaustion and will probably head to bed soon. We fly out of DFW at 6am tomorrow where we will have a brief layover in San Fran and get to hang with Grandma and Grandpa Fosdahl. We arrive in Seoul, Korea at 5:50pm local time on Monday, June 8th.

2 comments:

  1. shari i am so excited for you! i will be praying every day for your journey. i leave for nicaragua on saturday!! keep us updated!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited for you going on this great adventure! I'll be following your blog and picturing in my mind the wonderful things things you are seeing and experiencing! Blessings for safe travel!
    Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete