Monday, June 22, 2009

Journey to Kuta

Sunday - We woke up super early and got ready to go see the dolphins. However, I was mistaken about the time (I thought it was 5:30), so we got to go back to sleep for 30 minutes. We left in a rickety boat that looked like a waterbug with Rachel, her brother and I. We were joined by two Indonesians and their little girl. The boat ride was not too bad as we crossed some distance into Bali Sea. The trip was really funny to me. It pretty much consisted of dolphin sightings followed a competition between all of the little boats to see who could get closest and who could cut off the most dolphins. We saw a lot of them and got to see them jump. We even saw a momma and a baby dolphin. The trip back to the beach wasn't too fun and I got a little sick. After we got back we joined Rachel's parents for breakfast and took a nap until it was time to pack up and leave. We drove about an hour to a place called Bedugul where there was a big lake. We walked around for a while, had a cup of tea, and then drove out to a place a little down the road to eat dinner. I had Soto Ayam and some Satay. Delicious. We watched Persuasion after we got back until it was time to go to bed.

Monday - We slept in and then had breakfast by the lake. After having eaten my body weight in Nasi Goreng I feel like I have the authority to say that this was the best Nasi Goreng we've had all trip. We packed up the car yet again and headed south to the touristy part of Bali. We arrived in time to have lunch at Sky Lounge, a place that is a favorite of Rachel's papa. We shared an Asian salad and an Italian panini...interesting combination. Rachel, her mom and I then engaged ourselves in a fabulous afternoon of shopping and getting cheap pedicures while her bro and dad walked the beach and tried to occupy themselves while waiting for us. We met up for dinner at a Mexican restaurant and then Rachel and I walked around a little more and I purchased a fake Burberry bag. YAY! Tomorrow we are planning on hitting the beach for a little bit and getting in some parasailing then completing our shopping spree. Good night from Bali!

No comments:

Post a Comment