Friday, July 17, 2009

Friday - I coerced Shari into walking to the clinic site and was a bad friend and kept walking when she took a break. I was in triage for the day. I got to be really good at taking heartrates, respiratory rates and blood pressures. It was a fairly uneventful day for me. I did go into one of the IM (internal medicine) tents with Ruth and Siva. Shari was with Sean. He really grills you about medical knowledge but you learn. He is amazing! Shari saw a fundus!! It is in the eye where the optic nerve and blood vessels come in. We've been noticing some trends being up here: a lot of gastric reflux, back pain and eye pain (from the sun, dust and wind). Shari and I walked back together so I vent about personality differences (not a big deal, I'm an exuberant person and there are definitely those who are not that way). I think I should mention the Chai we have been having every morning and night. It is a delicious whole leaf tea that is strained and mixed with milk. Everyone got addicted to it fairly quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment