Friday, July 17, 2009

Tuesday - Second clinic day! We were set up in the same place we were in yesterday for clinic, but we switched tents. Both Rachel and I were scheduled to be in Sean's Internal Medicine tent (so intimidating!!). However, Rachel was pulled to work with a couple of other doctors and I was feeling severely under the weather. After feeling like a little bit of an idiot when asked about the major causes of hypertension, I was also pulled into another tent to work with Leigh, a PA that came with us. I felt worse and worse as the day went on and I had a mini breakdown close to lunch. The drivers took me and another girl back to the camp so we could rest during the second half of the clinic day. After a little nap, I felt better. I think my sickness was due to a combination of exhaustion (from the lack of sleep in the slip-n-slide tent) and allergies. Rachel's day was a lot better. She stayed with Siva and Ruth and they taught her a lot. They are both really patient and understand how much a first year medical student DOESN'T know. After clinic, Rachel walked up the mountain with Ruth, Brian and Sophie for a little hike to work off the amazing food we've been eating. We ended the day with a good dinner and I went to bed early.

No comments:

Post a Comment